Fat is your friend
There is a big misconception amongst the general public that consuming fat is bad for you. Yes, too much of anything isn’t good, and definitely there are “bad” fats that should be avoided altogether.
Aside from being a miserable failure for fat loss, low fat diets downright destroy good health:
• Low Fat Diets raise triglycerides
• Low Fat Diets lower HDL (the good cholesterol)
• Low Fat Diets lower Testosterone
• Low Fat Diets shift LDL form the benign to the harmful sub—type
• Low Fat Diets INCREASE risk of heart disease
The truth of the matter is we NEED fat in our bodies and diet. Natural sources like organic meats and dairy, avocados and nuts, olive and coconut oils, and wild caught fish are essential for good (and optimal) health.
Here are a few reasons why you NEED fat:
1) The likelihood of medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) being stored as fat is near zero.
2) MCTs are preferentially used as a fuel in the body and require no conversion to be used almost instantly (signaling your body to switch its fuel source from carbs to body fat)
3) Coconut oil:
- Has been proven to elevate metabolism, significantly increasing the number of calories burned per day significantly
- Has been shown to optimize the thyroid and even reverse thyroid dysfunction
- Seriously blunts appetite
- Puts your body in a “fat burning mode”
Sources of Good Fats:
Extra virgin olive oil
Macadamia nut oil
Hemp seed oil
Chia seeds 1-2 tbsp.
Hemp seeds 1-2 tbsp